Wednesday, January 2, 2008

First Post 1/2/08

I have wanted to do this for awhile, but finding the time is always difficult. I am the Mom of five wonderful, fabulous, amazing kids. Plus, we have three amazing foster kids that have been with us for the past 10 months. We have done foster care for almost four years and are hoping that this placement will lead to an adoption. I know we are supposed to be all about reunification, and usually we are, but this time these kids would not be safe returning home to bio family. We go to our second permancy hearing on the tenth of January. I am told that anything could happen. All the power lays in the judges hands and he never speaks to the foster parents. Oh well, that is the way it works.

My oldest is eighteen and I can not imagine what I must have put my mother through when I was her age. It is so hard watching them make these huge decisions with very little real world experience to draw from. I guess we all have to go through it though.

My youngest is only two and he is our only boy. It has been such an amazing experience learning how to mother a boy. Don't let anyone fool you into thinking the differences between boys and girls is learned. From birth this little boy has been completely different from all of our girls. A challenge but a good one. I think I needed him to come along and mellow me out a little. He has been a lesson in not letting the little things get to me. He has taught me (an ongoing lesson) that my house does not have to be spotless at all times.

The kids returned to school today after their Christmas break. I don't think any of us were ready. We homeschooled for a while but returned the kids to regular school about three years ago. My sixteen year old daughter only attends one class at school and then does the rest at home on the computer. This works best for her ADHD mind. She has been a challenge, but well worth it. My husband, Mark, is thinking about finding a second job to help with the finances. He just wants to get ahead. I can understand that, but I know how tired he gets working his full time job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels