Thursday, January 10, 2008

missing in action

Sorry I haven't been around, but... you know how it is in a big family. First, I got sick and spent a day in bed while my house completely fell apart. Now to the unpracticed eye, the house would seem fairly clean and orderly even though I was not running around trying to keep things in place. However, I spent two days cleaning after I recovered. Oh well, things weren't bad they just were not the way I like them.
Mark's dad came on sunday and spent a few days with us. He wanted to take the older kids skiing, but most of my girls are not fond of the cold. Miranda did go on monday. She had a wonderful time. She is very excited about this new sport. She has always been into that type of stuff more than the others have been. So, I guess she will want to go skiing every weekend now. Mark got to go skiing on tuesday. He also had a wonderful time. He had a very big smile on his face when I saw him tuesday evening. They had planned to go on wednesday as well, but we were hit with a major snowstorm that dropped about two feet on us in less than 24 hours and the roads were horrible.
I spent all of those days running around taking people to group and school and doctors and tons of other appointments. I hope things slow down a little. I have been feeling a little tired. Sometimes I get to doing to much stuff and forget to sleep.
There is so much snow outside that it looks like a huge sea of white. I am already sick of winter. I can't wait to see the grass again and maybe a flower or two. I am such a warm weather girl at heart.
We are considering bringing Sydnee and Miranda home again for homeschooling. They have asked and we have not been happy with all of the influences and wasted time that takes place in the classroom. Oh well... we will see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels