Friday, June 11, 2010

A Hard Combination...

That's Galen in the photo...

He may or may not be getting a slight bloggish big head...

you know...

now that he is a superstar on this blog...

 he is making all kinds of demands...

like...

special drinks, flowers everywhere, people to cook and clean for him...
and blogs that name him specifically EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

Now, before you all freak out and think that my soon to be son in law is going to be offended...

Let me tell you that this young man knows the secret...

I only tease the ones I love!



That is Galen's Dad, David...

He was helping Galen move some really heavy furniture into their apartment.

Beautiful stuff!

Furniture...
A brand new bedroom set...
ummmmmm....
I don't have one of those!
Hey hubs...
What's the deal?  Where is my new bedrom set?

All I have to say about that is...
Galen!  I got to sleep on that bed before you!!  Ha Ha!



Galen is proving to be a very hardworking young man!

I love that.  That makes me feel that my daughter will be okay.  She is a hard worker too... but there is something really special when you know that the young man your daughter chooses is one of those guys that sees how special she is... just the way you see it... and he wants to take care of her and cherish her and he has loved her for what seems like eons... so, I can rest in the knowledge that they have an amazing future ahead of them.

I had so much fun hanging out with Galen...

Yes, the daughter was there too...

but she did work a lot. 
So, the boy... sorry Galen, but for now that is your name around here... it will change in 5 weeks... the boy and I spent a lot of time together and I realized something that I think I knew even when he was about 3...

I REALLY like him!
He is a perfect fit with this family.
He teases me as much as I tease him.
(and that is hard to do!)
He loves my daughter almost as much as I do.
(We can argue about that later Galen!)
He smiles and laughs and makes my daughter an even better person than I already know she is.

He is one of us....

...and that is a hard combination to crack!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels