Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Lesson From Your Kids...



Summer days......
I know, I know...

I've been hearing it from all kinds of people.
Not just the ones who live in my own neck of the woods...

This is a strange summer.

Burning hot for some...
Freezing for others...

I will tell you that we are finally getting a few days that are at least warm enough to put on shorts...
We've even had a couple where the kids were able to play in the sprinklers.
I wouldn't think of venturing out to the lake right now, though...
Yikes!
That makes me shiver just to think about it!

Around our house, summer is a lazy time.
Don't get me wrong.
We stay busy.
We are a large family.
I don't know any of those who don't stay busy.
Wrangling the schedules of 11 people is difficult, to say the least.
(Not to mention helping to plan a wedding that is 3 weeks away.)
What I do mean, is we try to play it cool.
We don't schedule a lot of extra activities.
We try to get outside and let the kids run and play.
We want them to spend time in the sun and look forward to their beds at night.

Sometimes that means the house gets a little dirty...
(Be quiet husband... I know, I am a clean freak.)
My house does get cluttery.  I can hold on to "stuff"...
If I'm not careful it accumulates and WOW... that can feel really messy to me.




I love days like the one where I captured this photo of Lily...
She had been playing in the sprinklers, swinging on the swings, jumping on the trampoline...
and then she decided to just lay down and check out the
big. white. fluffy. clouds.
that were gently floating by.  She lay like that for about 20 minutes.

We all need to stop and watch the clouds go by sometimes...
I know I do.

In the end... those are the moments we really cherish.
It isn't the doing, doing, doing that are the special times.

It is nice to learn a lesson from your kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels