Monday, February 2, 2009

At the well...

Gathering At the Well



When you read the Scripture found in Titus 2: 2-5, how do you see this playing out in your own life?

I see... wow, I see how God has taken me from a selfish woman who had to be in charge of every single aspect of my life... including husband, kids, etc and he has begun a major shakedown of my ideas and perceptions of what a woman, wife and mother truly is.

What are your areas of strength? Of weakness?

My strengths are that I truly love my husband, children and the Lord. I want to follow Him and all that he has abundantly given.

My weakness would be that, like so many of you, I was raised in an age of me, me, me. Even when we don't immediately recognize our selfishness, it is there.

If you could set some sort of goal in relation to this Scripture, what would it be?

My goal would simply be that I teach my own young ladies (7 daughters) what God's plan is for wives and mothers. Even when the world tells us that we can't exist unless we do things their way, the Lord calls us to something higher.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing and it is so true about the me, me, me! That is all the world thinks about and we need to be different.

    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy,
    I love your thoughts on this today. It sounds like you already have so much to offer as a Titus 2 role model. (especially to those 7 wonderful girls of yours).

    I am so glad you joined us today At the Well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels