Monday, February 9, 2009

At the Well...



At the Well Blog Button

Do you go to church to fulfill an obligation?

Sometimes... are you shocked?

Sometimes I am tired, sick, hurt or just out of sorts. In these moments I don't want to get up and go to church. I am always glad when I have pushed through those feelings, however, and entered the house of God.

I think it is too easy for people to make excuses not to go. I am just as guilty as the next person. Shocking, I know, but as I always tell my family... I am not perfect.




Do you get involved to get a reaction from someone; possibly pity, recognition or even money?
When I was younger, I had to be involved in everything. Mostly because that is what I saw in the lives of those people that I had looked up to as a child. As I grew older, I realized that I had a real problem saying no. I had to go out of my way to learn to say no (nicely, ofcourse) and try not to beat myself up over the guilt that I felt. Now, I realize that God is not expecting me to have to "do it all". He has called me to a purpose and that is the course I need to pursue.



Do you volunteer in your child’s classroom to analyze the new teacher or is it to help?
There are times when I volunteer in a class at church to "check things out". I think that is a good parenting tool. Not because I am expecting to find something un-Godly going on, but because God has entrusted these wonderful children to me and it is my responsibility to make sure they are being well taken care of.



Do you share prayer requests for a chance to gossip or because you truly care and are praying?
I would never share prayer requests as an excuse to gossip. In fact, if I am not sure it is appropriate to share, I will keep it to myself or ask for prayer for... and then just say that it is not something I can talk about but... you get the point.
Gossip really bothers me. When I am in the midst of a group of women who start that kind of talk, I want to get up and run. It seems almost as if women think that if they put a humorous tint to the gossip, then they are just joking not gossiping. I think we all need to be more aware of what we say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels