Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Get it Done...

I can be...a lot... one of those people who sees a job that needs doing and just wants to jump in and get it done.

No help, thank you very much.

I know that it gets done "right" when I do it myself.

That is so much uglier in print than when I just say it in my head!

I have been making a conscience effort to slow down and notice all of the ways my little ones like to help.  They may not do every job the way I would do it... and, Yes... it may take a little or a lot of extra time when they help... but the memories and lessons learned are worth it, right?

My kids love to help in the kitchen.  One of their favorite things to do is grating cheese.  Why?  I don't know... I really don't enjoy the job myself.  When they help, everyone thanks them for dinner when we eat.  The smiles on their faces are such a treasure.


It doesn't really take much extra time for them to do this job.

Look at how he is concentrating...


They not only get to spend time with me, but they learn how to be a part of the team that makes this household function.


Now, if I could just get someone to clean the bathrooms the way I like...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels