Saturday, May 29, 2010

Being a Man...

Letting little boys do the hard things...

The things that could possibly lead to scrapes, bruises or broken bones is hard for a momma.
At least it is hard for this momma.

I believe that the previous generation has raised some very fine men...
but also some very soft men.

I want my son to be strong, tough and willing to get in there and try something new because he believes in himself...

because... just maybe... his momma believes in him.


I want him to climb, stretch, reach, get dirty, tear apart (because he needs to learn to put together)...
I don't want him to be afraid of grease or what is lurking under the hood of a car... or in the utility room.

I want his wife to feel the sense of security that I feel because my husband can fix anything...



I want my son to have that confidence that comes from having gotten into the mix and realizing that it isn't so scary...

He can do what he sets his mind to.

This is a difficult thing for many mommies...
I am one of them.
It stretches me as a mom every time I look outside and see him up in a tree or tearing apart a toy... just because he wanted to see how it worked.

I know, however, that in the end...

My son will be thankful that I wasn't afraid to let him be a man.

And, someday, his wife will thank me as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels