Saturday, October 30, 2010

Maybe...



With a new deck being built on to the front of the house, my little guy has been spending a lot of time hanging out with Daddy and his tools.

Hammering is the big thing.

I am surprised that we haven't had a major smashed finger catashtrophe yet.
Yet....

This little guy is so intent on learning to use these tools...
whether real or play.

I am proud of his initiative.

Maybe we'll get lucky and not have any big disasters...
Maybe...



In the photo above you can see what has become our path out of the house.  A series of plywood slabs that keep us from hitting the ground.

But...

Below is the beginning of a beautiful deck.
Beautiful.

We are using the old barn wood.
Planed.
Planed.
Planed
and then trimmed to size.
This is gorgeous stuff!

The photo was from a few days ago...
so the deck is about half finished now.

Hooray!!!!!


My man is working hard at it...
and he loves every minute of it.


What was I doing while this work was being done?

Only making the most gorgeous french bread!
It really did turn out beautifully.

No.
You don't understand.
I have been making the transition from an electric stove to a gas stove.
It has been years since I used gas...
It is a much bigger change than you would expect!

Some things haven't gone so well.
There may or may not have been some burning of certain items...
maybe...


This bread...
This very bread turned out amazing!

I think I am finally getting the hang of this stove!

Maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels