Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Where Were The Marshmallows?



Sunday was chilly.

After church, the kids department had Family Fun Day.
Everyone had a blast.
They fed us mexican food... yum.
Then the kids played on inflatables.

When we got home, the weather was perfect for getting some jobs done that just can't be done during the hot weather.  Who wants to do anything when it is boiling outside?  Not us!

There was some painting and cleaning up of the outside... which is a huge problem for me.
We all like a little pride in our homes when we drive up, right?

Anywho...
My dad started asking me some questions about our garden next year.
What did I want to plant?
How big did I want to make it?

We got busy talking this over and then took a walk out in the left front field to kind of map out how big we want this thing.

I was told that we would need to mow very slowly through the overgrown brush around the perimeter and then burn the inside.
I guess those boys meant NOW!

Then next thing I knew, Dad was mowing and then as the sun was going down...
the kids came running in to tell me that they were setting the field on fire.

I walked outside with the bigger girls and...
indeed...
fire was everywhere.
But...
it did warm things up a bit!




Mark is seriously having too much fun out there!
The little firebug!



Buck doesn't really care for the fire..

He proved several times why he is named Buck.




Above is Miranda and Sydnee...
my walk around the perimeter of the fire, "garden", partners.


and...
To prove that I actually live here too...

A photo of me at the fire.


It was a fun and productive way to watch the sun go down on a sunday afternoon...

But, where were the marshmallows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels