Friday, October 9, 2009

Love, Teach and Protect...



Our job as parents is to love, teach and protect our children. 

We all try to do our best.  Whether you send your child to public school, private school, charter or homeschool... you do what you think is best.  You, hopefully, bring them up in the knowledge of the Lord... which in my opinion is the most important thing we could EVER do.

Then there is this whole "protection" thing.  We protect them from the cold, extreme heat, sickness and cars.  We protect them from the monsters in the closet when they are little.  We protect them from as much of the "world" as we can.  We try to do our best to ALWAYS keep them from harm.

However, there are times when the "monsters" are real.  They aren't always hiding in the closet.  They aren't always dispelled with a story or a prayer.  Sometimes the world comes walking into your life and despite your best efforts... someone gets hurt.

My first reaction (contrary to a lot of people who think I am immune to this kind of thought) is to hurt the offender.  Track them down and destroy everything they know and love.  I would smash them into the ground and laugh while they twisted in pain and shame... It would be dirty and bloody and very painful!

Without the Lord, I would probably do this.  I would be a mess, I tell ya!

The last few days, I have been so overwhelmed by Christ's love for me and my family.  He has been by my side and walked me through some dark shadowy places.  He has whispered his words of love, understanding and comfort in my ear... and I have never been so thankful.

In the same way that I love my children and long to love, teach and protect them... He loves, teaches and protects me.

Thank you, Lord...
For knowing what is best for us at all times and in all places...

and in ALL situations.

**The picture has nothing to do with this post... I just love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels