Thursday, February 25, 2010

Just Makes it Official...

Two days ago

On February 23rd

We were skyped by a young man.

He professed great love and admiration for someone I hold quite near and dear...

My oldest daughter.

He asked for our permission to ask that dear one to...



MARRY HIM!!!!


He showed us the ring and told us his plans to take her to a favorite spot in the mountains, over looking the city lights and "pop" the question.

Then, I had to text and talk to her several times without giving it away...

Uggggg....
So hard!

Last night, we waiting by the phone on pins and needles.

And...

When the call came, saying...

"Mom, I'm engaged!"

I got tears in my eyes and felt such joy at how God can provide us with such blessings.

I am truly looking forward to being able to "officially" call this young man my son.
In my heart, he has been that for many years...

This just makes it official.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how exciting. God is surely blessing your family. Still praying for those twins, by the way. I have their adorable picture as our wallpaper. So precious. Hoping, hoping...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels