Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Private Griever Shares...

Today marks the second anniversary of my mother's death...
Two years have passed without hearing her voice...
I still reach for the phone every single time something important happens.
I still have that moment of shock when I realize she isn't at the other end of the phone and never will be again.
I still think about her every single day.
I have realized so many things in the last two years...
She was my best female friend.
She was my supporter, no matter what.
She was a prayer warrior and I always knew I was covered by her prayers.
She was a rock I could lean on.
She was the one true constant that I had during my whole life.
She was amazing...
She was gone way to soon...
This is a sad day,
but I have that eternal hope that someday I will see her face to face again.
I am sure I will shed tears today that can only be truly understood by others who have endured this same loss...
but in the end, I know now... and always knew that she loved me, my brother and my family.
The one thing that I can't seem to get away from is how very much I miss her.
Each and every moment that goes by is filled will missing her. I will admit to being jealous of those who still have their mother in their lives...
I long for that...
I am a private griever.
I don't share it much with others... but for this one day...
I will share with all of you that my life has not been the same and probably never will be since she left this earth. That is not to say that I wallow in grief... I don't... She taught me well.
But...
Life just isn't the same without you, Mom...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels