Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Soft Place...

So...

Daughter # 3 started drivers ed on Monday...

It kills me when this happens...

It reminds me that they are growing up and moving on...

...moving away from me.

I know that some parents do the dance of joy when their kids get old enough to move on... and I do find joy in watching them grow and become wonderful adults... but I also miss them. 

I miss watching them learn and I miss having them near me all of the time.

With that important document, comes a job and less time with the family...

Even though I have no real worries for this daughter, I still know that the world can be a cruel place.

So... I guess I will prepare to be that soft spot for her to land when things don't go quite the way she planned... when people don't behave the way they should... and when someone breaks her heart.

Afterall, that is one of the jobs of a mother...

...to be a soft place to land.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels