Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Recipe and a Picture...

My family loves good food.  I cook a lot.  We love trying new stuff and aren't ashamed to say if we love it... or not.

One of our all time favorites is Mac-n-cheese.  Now, I know that isn't new and most people have a recipe they love.  We used to make it the "old" way... with flour, butter and milk... and then I found this recipe about 10 years ago.  We love it and haven't gone back to the old one since.

In case you are wondering... the stuff in the blue box... is nasty!
So, No... We don't eat that stuff.

Macaroni and Cheese

(I usually double the recipe... but I'm feeding a crew)

1 box pasta (whatever cool shape you want to use... sometimes I do 1 1/2 boxes)
1/2 package velveeta
2 C cheese (cheddar and monteray jack is such a nice combo)
1 egg
1 Cup milk

Coat the inside of a 9x13 casserole dish with butter or margarine.
Cook the pasta according to package directions.
While that is cooking crack an egg into a measuring cup, whisk it good.  Add milk until it is around 1 cup... sometimes I do 1 1/2 cups.  Mix and set aside.  Cube your velveeta.  I make it small cubes.  Grate the cheese.

Once the pasta is finished... not mush people... but cooked, place half of it in the buttered dish.
Place 1/2 of the velveeta and half the grated cheese over pasta.
Pour 1/2 of milk mixture.
Repeat layers.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for around 15 minutes.
Take out and mix well.
Sprinkle paprika over top and cook for additional 15 minutes.
Take out of oven and let it rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
Yum Yum!

I have been known to throw in a cup of sourcream on occasion or top it with some toasted bread crumbs.
I usually serve it with homemade rolls and a vegetable.

The picture has nothing to do with the mac and cheese... except this girl can put the stuff away!  She loves it and will ask for seconds and thirds until her little tummy can't hold any more.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels