Monday, January 25, 2010

That's My Bird Story...



The little ones made birdfeeders at church.

You know the one...

You take a pine cone and cover it with peanut butter and birdseed.

We hung the three birdfeeders on the back deck.

...and waited...

Finally after a couple of weeks of absolutely no bird sightings...

We looked out the back door yesterday and all three birdfeeders had birds eating off of them!  The kids were so excited that there was screaming and jumping... and scaring the birds away.

They keep coming back though!

Now the kids have figured out that they need to be quiet and not frighten the birds away.

I have taken this sudden welcoming of birds as a sign...

You guessed it...

That winter will not last forever.  In fact, even though it is only January, I believe that this is the first "real" sign of spring.

Scoff if you will...

Remind me of the months of cold weather ahead, the storms, the frigid temperatures...

I saw the birds!  And they are telling me that warmth isn't far away...  They are speaking to me of sunshine and green grass.  They told me about leaves budding on the trees and flowers pushing up through the soil.  They told me about children running around outside for hours, wearing their little bodies out so that they fall asleep without any effort.

I hear you giggling, but...

That's my bird story and I'm sticking with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels