Saturday, April 24, 2010

Awwwwwww... Joy!

Isn't it exciting to check the mail?!

I mean sometimes you get something that is totally unexpected... expected... I mean unbelievable, extraordinary, knew it was coming but still can't believe it... trying to wrap my brain around the fact that they aren't still 12.....

Get it?




I don't know if other parents feel this.
I don't know if I will feel this with all of my children's choices for a spouse.
I don't know if it will become old hat by the time we get to the end of the line of children...

But for now...

In this very moment...

I am so happy for them.
I am so excited for them.
I am so proud of them.
I am so proud of their choices.

I'm... bubbly............ Can you tell?

I mean...

First of all, there is this girl that I obviously think hung the moon.  I mean she is beautiful and smart and talented and A young woman after God's heart (which just pleases me beyond words).  I mean she did pop forth from my own body over 2 decades ago...

Second, there is this young man that I have known since he was just a wee lad ( Although this kid is big.  I don't know if wee lad ever really was a good description for him.)  He was always my fave.  You know, we sometimes look around at other people's children and wonder why God even gave them children... but not this young man.  Years ago, I remember thinking that if God ever blessed me with a son ( and that is saying something... because we know how to make girls... the boy thing came much later)  I wanted that son to be just like this very young man... (Okay, Galen... don't go getting a big head... I am sure you will do something to make me change my mind about that for a minute or two...) 

Now look at the picture again...

Awwwwwwww....

Joy!


p.s.  Is that enough run on sentences for ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels