Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sisters...

Sisters

Sisters

There were never such devoted sisters



Never had to have a chaperone "No, sir"

I'm there to keep my eye on her



Caring

Sharing

Every little thing that we are wearing



When a certain gentleman arrived from Rome

She wore the dress and I stayed home



All kinds of weather

We stick together

The same in the rain or sun

Two diff'rent faces

But in tight places

We think and we act as one



Those who've

Seen us

Know that not a thing could come between us



Many men have tried to split us up but no one can

Lord help the mister

Who comes between me and my sister

And Lord help the sister

Who comes between me and my man


This song is from one of my favorite movies of all times!
White Christmas

I love the whole movie. 
I love the relationship that the sisters have with each other. 
I don't have any sisters, so when I was growing up, this movie showed me what that relationship could be.

I may not have any sisters... but I do have daughters!
7 daughters...
1,2,3,4,5,6,7.......

So, they do know what it is like to have sisters.

What I have learned, is that this is such a special relationship.
I missed out!








They hang out together all of the time.

They play, talk, sing and whisper together.



They love each other!
Genuinely.
Wholeheartedly.

They've got each others backs!
They love and fight with equal intensity.

Don't you dare try to hurt one of the sisters...

They will not stand for that!

You will earn an enemy for life if you break a heart.


Sisters...

We tell our kids all of the time...

We won't always be here.
When we are gone...
You will always have your siblings to lean on.
Sadly, husbands may go...
but your sisters (and brother) will always be there.

You are so lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels