Sunday, April 11, 2010

For My Ladies...

The challenge...

Planning a wedding by phone.

Our oldest daughter lives about 8 hours away from us.
( Galen, I blame you.)

We miss her like crazy.

As you know, she is getting married this summer.
I never knew how difficult it would be to plan a wedding by phone.

I am learning that sometimes my job is to be an encourager... disagreement settler... idea person... etc.

We email, text, call... You name it.







One of the most interesting parts of this process has been truly hearing what my child needs and then figuring out how to meet that need.

Recently, she was very stressed about some of the decisions she needed to make and couldn't seem to make.  She felt like she didn't have a female around who could really help her with all of this "stuff".

She called me up and we talked and I pulled and prodded until I had all of the necessary information.
Then, I did what I needed to to.
Support my daughter...

Even if that meant handing off some of these important moments to someone else.

Grandma was contacted.
Aunt Debbie was contacted.
JaNae was contacted.

They all jumped at the chance to be surrogate mama.

I will tell you that it hasn't been easy for me to back off and let others do what I would do if my daughter was living closer...

But, I will tell you that it feels so good to know that she is in great hands!
Sometimes we all need reminding that our children are loved by so many wonderful people.
Sometimes we need reminding that we are loved by those people as well.

I don't know what I would do without family.
We would get it done somehow...
but not in this worry free way.

So...

This post is really for my 3 ladies...

Thank you soooooo much!
I am getting teary sitting here typing this.
I love you guys...

You don't know how much it touches me that you have stepped in and loved my girl like this.
I know, I know...

You love her too...


But, I'm just saying.....................

Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels