Monday, August 30, 2010

A Walk...

Sunday afternoon seemed to be busy for everyone...

except me.

I was out of sorts.
Too "in my head".

I needed to get out and away from...
everything.

So, I grabbed the camera and decided to take a walk down the road.

I am so in awe of the beauty all around me.
I can't believe that I live here.

You may get tired of me talking about how gorgeous this place is...
but somehow this place really speaks to me.
Deep down.

The black dots you see in the photo below are birds.
I could hear them long before they took flight.
I wasn't sure which trees they were in because there are trees all around us.
Suddenly, they seemed to lift into the air all at the same time...
It was magnificent...
and a little frightening...
I am, afterall, a product of saturday afternoon movies like "The Birds"...
Yikes!





The cloud formations are always so beautiful.

We didn't get the same type of clouds in Utah and there just seems to be so much more sky here.


As I passed this pasture, I thought all of the cows had taken off when they heard me coming, but suddenly I realized that this Huge guy had stood his ground.
He wasn't afraid of me.
They really are beautiful creatures.
Oh, sorry...
She stood her ground... and she needed a good milking!



Down, down, down that road....





This house was BIG!
And for sale!
It was so pretty.
There was a garage with a separate apartment attached to it.
I kept thinking how great that would have been if my Mom was still around.










































We are getting settled.

No, that doesn't mean the construction going on around here is anywhere near being finished.
Expenses, mean time.

However, the inside is slowly coming together. 
I am feeling much more positive about things.
Dirt can be cleaned up afterall.

This has been a really big adjustment.
I don't think I realized how big.

Alaska... I can do it.  Bush town.  Oh yeah.  I grew up in one, afterall.
Farm country?  This is a whole new adventure...

But, one absolutely worth taking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels