Saturday, July 18, 2009

All the Difference...

A lot of people I come into contact with think we are crazy to have made the choice to have so many children. They give me countless reasons why this is a horrible choice. They talk about money, vacations, cars, love divided, and self.
We didn't originally set out to parent in large numbers, although it was always a dream of mine. Instead of seeing how we could have a boat, new car, fancy vacations, etc... I see the beautiful faces of my wonderful children. My blessings... as God calls them.
Long ago, I stopped worrying about whether or not others agreed with our choice. We took a different path than most, I agree. But, for us, following what God has called us (my family) to do is the only real choice. Through the sacrifice (and we don't really see it as a sacrifice, that is what others call it) and noise and yes, broken bones and scrapes... We are so full of joy... so full of LOVE.
We took a different path... but I wouldn't change a thing!
The Road Less Traveled
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth
Then took the other as just as fair
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear
Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet, knowing how way leads onto way
I doubted if I should ever come back
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence
Two roads diverged in a wood
And I took the one less traveled by
And that has made all the difference
*Robert Frost*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels