Monday, July 6, 2009

Oh sleep...

Have I ever mentioned my sleeping issues?

Sleep...

Hmmm....

I don't do a lot of that.

When I was a kid, I could sleep with the best of them.

Twenty years ago, I became a mother and sleep went away. Now, some of you are thinking, "yeah, I didn't sleep when my kids were little either...". No, that kind of lack of sleep is not what I am talking about. I just rarely sleep.

It doesn't have anything to do with my kids... they are all sleeping.

I get up between 6 and 7:30 each morning (you know sometimes earlier and sometimes... no never later) I work hard all day to keep my household running smoothly. About 3 in the afternoon, I get sleepy and wish I could crash for awhile.. but such is the life a mom whose little ones are waking around this time from their nap. Bedtime is around 10 or 11... By bedtime, I mean the time I climb in my bed... I do not mean the time I go to sleep. I will continue to lay there with my eyes wide open until 2 or 3 in the morning. Finally after begging God to give me some rest, I fall asleep only to wake again in a few SHORT hours. My husband asks me all of the time how I can function on such little sleep. I wish I knew... because then maybe I could cure it.

Oh sleep... why do you torture me so?

Oh sleep... why do you torture me so?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels