Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Two Moms...

What a whirlwind a wedding is.
I don't remember my wedding being quite so... busy!
I'm sure it was...
That was just a long, long time ago.

One of my favorite things from the wedding happened about 45 minutes before the ceremony began.

We had been at the park taking photos with the photograper...
gone through the rigors of hair, makeup, etc for a multitude of young ladies...

We arrived back at the church and the lovely Kelsey once again set upon Cadi with the hair and makeup treatment.  When that was finished, Cadi asked me if I would like to see the Cake (made lovingly and beautifully by her Aunt Debbie).
Of course I wanted to see the cake!

We headed off to the reception room (which was Gorgeous!).

I walked in and oooh and awwed over the room and started to mention the amazing cake when I noticed a picture frame with a lily laying in front of it...




It was a picture of my mother...
I was missing her so much that day.
She had talked so many times about seeing her grandchildren walk down the aisle...
especially Cadi... her first grandchild.

I tried so hard to hold myself together for Cadi's sake, but the tears just started to flow.
It meant so much to me that Cadi had wanted her Grandma Lee to be a part of her special day...

That is when my other mom stepped in...




This is my mother-in-law.

Really?

No, this is my other mother.
She has been such a special lady in my life.

For Cadi's day alone  she made 7 dresses, a necklace, decorations, ideas, ideas, ideas.
This day would NOT have been so successful without her loving touch.
I love that when a job needed to be done, she just jumped right in there!


At that moment, while I tried to hold myself together for my daughter, she wrapped her arms around me...her daughter... and told me it was okay to cry...

So I did.

But, it wasn't just because my own mother wouldn't be sitting beside me while we watched our beautiful Cadi marry her best friend...
It was because I was so thankful that my other mother would be sitting beside me watching our beautiful Cadi marry her best friend.

She should know that even if I didn't have the words in that moment to tell her how thankful I am for her...
 I don't let one single day go by without thanking God that she has been such a huge part of my life.

And I am so thankful that she was there, next to me, to witness this new beginning for Cadi and Galen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels