Thursday, July 29, 2010

We Are Alive...

After my sister-in-law sent a post to my facebook, I realized that I had totally forgotten to let anyone know we had survived our drive and arrived safely.

There are so many stories to tell... and I am just so bogged down with the work of cleaning and moving and cleaning and storing... My Dad's stuff is in the house with all of our stuff at the moment...  Which means there is a lot of stinking stuff in this house!

We are s.l.o.w.l.y. getting things in order.  We have managed to clean one bathroom, the dining room and the girls room.  This is a monumental task!  I know that single men would not understand... but a woman wants their home to be a home!  I can't wait until this one is transformed into something resembling that again.

The kids are in heaven!  They are running, playing, digging, riding tractors and horses and playing in the trees... They come in at night completely covered in dirt... worn out!  They are glad to get into beds... which were sleeping bags on the newly cleaned floor.... until today.  My husband is putting beds 3 and 4 together right now.  He has been working so hard.

You guys!  My son-in-law called me last night to see how things were going!  Isn't that the coolest thing ever?  Besides being able to say my son-in law... I just love that he called and chatted with me.  He is the BEST!  You guys just don't even understand the depth of our love for him!

My brother is coming up tomorrow for a short visit.  I haven't been able to see him in 2 1/2 years!  That is a long time.  We talked nearly every day of that time, but seeing him will be amazing!

I am so impressed with the help we have had from the kids.  They are tired, but they are lifting, moving... whatever is needed they do.  They are an amazing bunch of human beings!

We learned our first lesson when we had been unpacking the first day.  Mark became very sick suddenly.  After hearing what he was feeling, I was pretty sure he was dehydrated... big time.  I made him drink a bunch of water and lay down.  After sleeping for a couple of hours and drinking a lot of water he was feeling a lot better...  Now we work for an hour or so and then make everyone drink water and rest in the cool house for about 20 minutes.  That man scared me!

Raider is adjusting to being an outside dog.  He did manage to open the front door one night and slept next to my dad... hahahahaha.  That is a smart dog!

Okay,  I can hear my peeps needing their mama to wrangle them a bit.  I can't wait to start posting some photos, but I can't upload right now.  I am using my Dad's computer. 

I hope your hot days of summer are as blessed as mine have been.  I can't wait to be able to share some of our adventure with you...

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you've finally made it home. I often think that I need to just take my kids someplace where they can get DIIIRRRTY. I am sure they're loving life right now.

    Can't wait to hear the tales of your new life. :)


Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."