Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Yu'pik Dance Fan...

I get so much joy out of watching this child learn.
She has been doing some lessons on the first Americans...
You know, the ones that crossed the land bridge (back when there was a land bridge).
Now the lessons have morphed into the artwork of some of the indian tribes.
After learning about the history of this arctic tribe...
she took some clay and made her version of one of their dance fans. Once the clay was dry she got to do the really fun part...
Paint!

The traditional dance fans are painted in very subdued colors.

They were using what they had around them to create the paints, after all.

This girl, however, is a little more colorful than that.

She went all out with some brighter colors.

I love how she added her own personality to her artwork!

Once the paint dried, she glued on the feathers...

from her own personal stash, might I add.

She has a box of feathers that she collects.

She was very proud to be able to use her feathers in this way.

I love it!

She really amazed me with her patience and artistic ability.

Way to go, girl!

I'm proud of you!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels