Friday, October 24, 2008

Our Story...

Sitting in my living room...
It is dark outside and the children are all asleep.
They are scattered through out the house in their respective bedrooms.
The oldest is sleeping on the couch due to a minor injury that brought her home a few days ago for some much needed rest and tender loving care from her mommy.
I was thinking about how lucky they all are to have each other. The story that their relationships are writing.
Of course, this got me to thinking about how lucky I am.
Sometimes, it is easy for me to dwell on the losses of last year...
My grandmother and especially my mother...
I am really a very lucky person, though, to have so many people who love me still here.
I have a mother-n-law and father-n-law that I adore. I have an aunt who I have reconnected with this year. I have uncles who I email frequently. I have a father who I finally have a relationship with. (Shocking, I know... but he is a different man than the one I used to know.)
I have all of the people in my own house (husband, children).
And... I have my brother.
I love him dearly...
There is just something special about the relationship you have with someone who shares your history. The two of us are all that is left of that story. No one will ever know the shared secrets, the scars and what "got us through". No one will know why we do some of the crazy things we do.
But we know!
It's Our Story...
and I wouldn't have wanted to share it with anyone but him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels

Blog Archive