Friday, November 28, 2008

Giving Thanks...




It is so important to us that our children learn to be thankful for all that they have.




I tell them...frequently... that there is always someone who is worse off than you.




On Thanksgiving, the kids make cards that say,



"I am thankful for you because..."





On the inside of these cards each family member writes why they are thankful for that person.



A sample from this years cards would be...



"Mother, Mother Dearest...(I don't know if this refers to the movie or not LOL) I love you so much. I am the person I am today because of you. I love that I can come to you for whatever I need, whether it be a word on the tip of my tongue or a person to complain and vent to. Thank you for all of the food you allow me to eat too! need a nice home cooked meal as much as possible... you don't know what you're missing until it's gone! Thanks for all of the support you give me in everything I do! Love, Cadi"



OR...



"Chey, I love you so much and love to see you do good things. When I need you, you are there and I am so happy about that. Thank you for being such a great sister. Just remember I love you! Miranda"


I love this... I cry every year!



Besides the food and the memories we are sharing, we are really getting to hear our heartfelt gratitude for each other. I save these cards every year.





Some day, when I am no longer here, my children will pull these out and remember how much love we all shared. They will be able to treasure these forever... Just like I treasure them.
So... How was our Thanksgiving?
The food was great!
The games were Great!
The company was great!
The Love was even Better!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this idea. I am so stealing it. You are such a great mama. I love all your updates even though I don't always comment, I read just about every one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels