Wednesday, November 25, 2009

And Then it Was Gone...

I found a recipe the other day for a really easy pineapple upside down cake.  It was so easy that I thought I would give it a try.



This is what it looked like when I first took it out of the oven.



... and this is what it looked like 5 minutes after that!



You can imagine what it looked like 5 minutes after that!

Since I am the kind, generous person that I am... I will share the recipe with you.

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

1 can crushed pineapple (about 15 oz)
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
3 cups all purpose flour
5 tsp baking powder
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
1 tbsp vanilla

Drain the pineapple but reserve the liquid.  Mix 1/4 cup melted butter with the brown sugar, 2 Tbsp of reserved liquid and the drained pineapple.  Spread in the bottom of pan.  (You can use bundt or 9x13)

To the rest of the reserved liquid add enough water to make 1 1/3 cup.  Set this aside.

Combine flour, baking powder.  Set this aside.

Cream 1 cup butter with the white sugar until light and fluffy.  Add eggs and vanilla, beat for 1 minute.  Add the flour mixture alternately with the juice... beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.  Pour over the pineapple mixture.

Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.  Check with a toothpick.

When I make this in a bundt pan I turn it over on a large plate so you can see the pretty pineapple.  When  I make it in a 9x13 I don't bother.

Enjoy!

Oh, I just figured out where I got this recipe from...
MotherHen at Meanwhile, back at the Ranch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels