Tuesday, November 3, 2009

His Old Lady...

My husband has always called me "kid".

But, yesterday...

His "old lady" turned 40!

Holy Cow!!

I never thought it was possible...

especially since I think I turned 20 about 6 months ago.

I had the BEST birthday, though.

I like laid back, relaxing days.

So, we had a normal day and didn't think about the birthday too much until dinner time...

When they fed me good food and then...

just what I asked for...

Apple Crisp and Vanilla Icecream!

I was in heaven!



This is me crying over the fact that I am 40!!!

...and such a drama queen...





Italian Crockpot chicken... Yummy!


My crazy family...


The most sane person in the house...

excuse me...

I was choking on that laugh!

I didn't... but I could have eaten this whole apple crisp by myself!

Really... but then I would have had to throw up and that would have ruined everything.




I have NO clue what this was about...

But...

I'm 40 now and so I don't care what anyone thinks!












I almost stuck my head in the bowl... but decided it would have probably gotten stuck and the fire department would have laughed at the  40 year old lady who had her head stuck in the bowl of apple crisp.



Talking to my boy...

He was trying to steal my presents...



This is me... acting a little more normal...

We decided to take a picture since it doesn't happen very often.



Yes, it is sideways, but I was too lazy to turn it...

Yes, I have the ribbon on my head that came on the present from my mother-in-law...

it is a tradition.



...and then I had to go and read her card and get teary... because I miss my Mom...

and because it is really something amazing and special and touches me to the core to know that I have a Mom who loves me, still... even though I wasn't born to her.

She may not know how much it means to me... but when she reads this, she will...




And then...

to break the teary tension...

The real me came back...

Crazy and 40!



It was the PERFECT birthday...

even if that number is 40!

1 comment:

  1. My husband always says, "It's just a number. It's just another day." This helps me.
    Glad you had a good one, sis. Hang out with some really old people this week. You'll feel wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels