Sunday, November 29, 2009

Get Used To It...

I should have noticed it, right?

Even a year ago, when these photos were taken, Sydnee was changing from that girl with too much arm, too much leg, doesn't know what to do with herself little girl... into a young lady.

Now, she is still only 11...

but, the changes are there.

She isn't a "little girl" anymore.  She isn't grown, but she isn't little.  Mothers notice these things.  Dads try to ignore them... But, life moves on.





I should have noticed that although she still loves to play... whatever the cool thing to play is... she now spends a lot of time listening to music and reading.  She wants to be around when the older girls are all chatting with mom.



I am not a fan of change.

Where kids are involved, it just means you are getting closer to that time when they will strike out on their own and you won't get to be a part of the "everyday".

I don't like it.




I may not like it, but either way, it is happening... and I'd better get used to it.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, we have to get used to it. She is beautiful. I have a 12 year old daughter who is going through changes also. Little changes at first like the ones you mentioned with music and such. They grow in the blink of an eye. I am glad you are a mother who knows to cherish the day before it it gone.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels