5 Things I want my children to know before they grow up...
1. You won't leave my home at 18 and have the same life we have. We have worked hard for what we have. We have sacrificed. We did without things so you would be able to attend camps, sports and be a part of youth activities. You will, hopefully, do the same for your family. One day, when you look back at how far you have come, you will be filled with pride for all you have accomplished and all the Lord has provided.
2. The things you put into your brain through books, television and music is what will come out through your thoughts and actions. Choose wisely.
3. Someday your dad and I will be gone. Invest in your relationships with your siblings. There will come a time in all of your lives where you will be so thankful for those relationships. They share your history. They know your stories. They know why "actions and consequences" will always bring a good laugh, there is a alarm that goes off when someone leaves the house and they know the words to "one day I saw a white horse".
4. Love is a choice. It is a word meant to be put into action. Don't get caught up in societies definition of love. It will fail you every time. Wake up each day and CHOOSE to love. Choose to love your parents, siblings, spouse, kids, friends... There will be days when you will wonder how you can love that other person, but you make a choice and love. Then put it into action. Tell them. Do something for them. Spend time with them. Love them.
5. Before you end a phone call with a relative, leave a lunch with your husband, go to work in the morning or send your kids off to school... Tell them you love them. You never know when it will be your last chance. In this life our days are uncertain. You never know when you may not get the chance to speak those words to someone again.
ikat and pearls, ventura california
19 hours ago