Thursday, August 7, 2008

wind, puzzles, and food...

I tried so hard to get a picture that would show you how hard the wind was blowing.
I finally settled on taking a picture of the wind chime that showed the bottom part swinging to the right. I know it sucks.
Oh well...
The wind was blowing so hard this morning that I couldn't wait to get the air conditioner turned off and the windows and doors open.
There is nothing like letting the wind blow through the house, listening to all of the kids laugh and play.
It sounds like summer!We broke out the puzzles this morning.
We do them almost every morning, but for the past week we have
had to much going on.
Yes, I keep the puzzles locked away in a tub.
I only bring them down when one of the big kids or myself can be there to supervise.
Otherwise, we would never have all of the pieces.

Every single one of the kids loves to do puzzles.

They are so proud of themselves when they get all of the pieces in place.

"I did it, Mommy!"

Syd got domestic this morning. (I think she just needed some down time.)

She asked if she could "make something".

She decided we needed some peanut butter banana cookies.

(I was glad since we needed to get rid of the bananas. We rarely have any that get ripe enough for banana bread... unless I hide some.)

These are always so yummy. They have a cake like consistency. Very tasty.

Good job, Syd!

Dinner was the most amazing Pasta Pascal. It is so deliciously yummy.

Yes... it does have spinach in it.

Yes, I get that you think you don't like spinach.

Try this before you decide to hate spinach.

I thought I hated spinach until this dish got ahold of me.

Aren't the colors amazing? I love pretty food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels