Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Getting to know you...

5 things I want my kids to know before they grow up...

1. I never knew I could love something as much as I love each of you... individually.

2. I learn something new from each of you every day.

3. Sometimes we win and sometimes we fail, but we always keep trying.

4. I miss all of your tiny little baby bodies.

5. Someday you will understand why being your best friend now is not my goal. Right now, in this moment, being your parent is my number one priority. We will be best buds later... when you're grown. I never understood that principle until I became a mommy myself and understood the monumental task ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels