Friday, August 22, 2008

I can do it!

Wasn't it just yesterday that this little man needed his mama to help him do... well, everything?


Oh, how the time flies.


Now this little man is very fond of saying things like, "I can do it.".


Part of me is so very proud of the way this amazing little creature is changing and growing. I can almost see the amazing man he will be one day.


There is another part, however, that wants him to remain small forever.

In those moments, though, I think about all of the amazing things I have watched his sisters accomplish.

I remember those hugs, kisses and, yes, even the fights that make our history what it is.

I think of the pride I have in how hardworking my children have become and I know he will follow in their footsteps.

I can imagine the woman he will one day call his wife and the children who will call him daddy.

Even though I am sad to see his sweet little cherub face change into that of a little boy, I can't wait to see the man he is becoming.

I want to know that man.

I want that man to know how very much his mommy loves him and cherishes each day God gives us together.

1 comment:

  1. ok now we are even cause I'm crying..what a sweet sweet sweet blog, the music, the children the dad and the love of God it's all right here...Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels