Saturday, May 9, 2009

Life goes on...

Sometimes, people disappoint us greatly. After we have a moment to catch our breath and process how people we trusted turned out to be... well, not what we thought they were...
we have to pick ourselves up by the bootstraps and move on with the business of living.
This day was the first sign of life. I saw smiles and laughter. Don't get me wrong, there were also tears and grief, but difinite progress.
Cadi decided not put things off... so, we got busy going through her boxes and removing everything she considered part of the old life.

There was something very theraputic about it. I watched my daughter get a little of herself back. I don't think any of us realized just how much of herself had been set aside for someone else. Someone who didn't cherish what had been given to them.


Five years is a long time... for any of us.


In the end, people can fail us. People can turn out to be not what they presented themselves to be. This is painful. This is also part of life. The challenge is to remain a person of integrity when it sometimes seems that everyone around us (the people we love) are taking a different path.


I'm sure there are more tears ahead. Grief takes its time.
Each day brings new emotions.
Life goes on.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels