Monday, May 4, 2009

PO'd...but moving on...

Do you know what sucks?



-Being the momma who has to watch her children grieve over something. When you have to watch them go through the same things you went through as a young person and there is nothing you can do but hug them and pray, pray, pray. When you saw the writing on the wall a long time ago, but you couldn't shield her from the pain. When she has to find out that not everyone is as good and trustworthy as she thought they were. When she finds out that people she trusted may not handle things in an appropriate manner... they just may truly be a little kid still.



It sucks to watch your child cry.



It makes me want to get in my car and beat the crap out of someone. And then, I remember that they aren't worth it. I remember that I saw this coming and have been praying for the resolution. I have been praying for God to bring people into her life that would be supportive and beneficial to her growth... not hold her back...which has been the case for so long.



I remember that I could go to jail if I did what I wanted to.



She may not be ready to see the big picture yet, but I will see it for her...



Her life is just beginning.



For the first time, she has the entire world open to her. Everything is a possibility. Everything is new and shiny and... well, grown up. She can put away childish things forever.

It is hard to go from kid to adult, but now... for the first time in years... she is able to choose positive, adult people to join her on this journey. She will grieve for a time, but there will be a new day... a bright sunny new day when she will look back and wonder why she made such a fuss over someone who would behave so badly. She will realize that while she had been moving forward, growing up and changing into a really amazing young WOMAN, others were holding on to their childhood for dear life.


Sometimes, God answers our prayers in ways we didn't fully foresee. Painful? It can be.


...but how do you ever find the truly amazing people if you hold on to what was in the end...


only mediocre...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels