Saturday, January 3, 2009

Back Update...

Yesterday, we ended up at the hospital. I have been downplaying how much pain my back was giving me. However, the pain finally got so bad yesterday that my husband got worried and took me to the emergency room.

They told me that my back is having severe back spasms. While at the hospital they gave me valium, tordal and morphine. WOW!!!! I don't even remember leaving the hospital. Aparently getting me in bed was something out of a comedy. I was feeling zero pain! I woke in the middle of the night and threw up (sorry that may be TMI). Mark said he had trouble staying asleep because I was shaking so hard I was shaking the bed and my teeth were clicking together. I don't think the heavy stuff is for me! I don't like feeling that way... although the zero pain thing was good.

Today they have me on three other meds to try and get my back to settle down. I am not allowed to do.... well, anything. Anyone who knows me, knows that isn't very easy to do around here, but.... well, I need to get better!

I have slept a lot!!! The meds make me dizzy and sleepy so... turn out the lights!

Mark is taking a nap now because he didn't get any sleep last night. Poor, good husband.

So... if I don't get on here very much for the next few days, you can make an educated guess that I am sleeping.

1 comment:

  1. Prayers lifted for you! I know that back pain is horrible. Both of my parents have had to have back surgery and my mom had multiple surgeries. I hope you are feeling well soon:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels