Saturday, January 17, 2009

Proud Mama...

My role around here the last few weeks has been very different from its usual capacity.
I have been much more of an observer. If you haven't been reading the blog, let me tell you that this is due to the "dreaded back injury".
I have had a chance to step away from the laundry and phone, dishes, snotty noses, cleaning toilets and chasing small and big children around the house.
In this new role, I have watched what a truly wonderful group of people this family contains. They are loving and caring and helpful... most of the time.
I mean, who can be that way all the time? I fail at that!
Sometimes, when you are in the midst of the daily "raising" of your children, you can't really see the picture clearly. My husband is a gem. YOu all know that. But, He really is! I am not just feeding you a line. He loves his family and tries... always... to make his choices with us in mind. My children have pitched in and are doing their best to keep things moving around here. They take the time to stop and kneel down at the level of a 2 or 3 year old sibling and play or just kiss an owie. They ask if I need anything. They jump in to do chores, even when I know they don't really want to. They do it, because we are a family... and as I have been told several times lately...
"Just like you tell us, Mom, We are a family and that is just what a family does... because we love each other."
I am a proud mama!
I am truly a proud mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels