Monday, January 5, 2009

Yikes!...

When daughter number 5 went to bed tonight, she came running up the stairs to tell me that there was water pouring from the ceiling on her bed.

Needless to say, the husband had to be woke from his slumber and the journey to fix a broken pipe in the horrible weather has started.

We have now torn into the ceiling and the wall in that particular bedroom. Pipes are being replaced and hopefully the water will be on soon.

Ten people in the house usually mean someone has to use the bathroom. Water is needed here people!

The wonderful and sad thing is that my husband leaves for work at 2:30 in the morning. At the moment it is almost 11:00... the work isn't done... you do the math. I feel so sad for him... and yet so proud that he is able to fix... anything! What a guy. I know how tired he is, but he does this for us anyway. I just love that guy!!!!

Hopefully this will be resolved soon and he will get a couple of hours to sleep before facing the snowcovered roads that caused a huge number of accidents this evening including a 20 car pileup! I am so thankful all of my people were safe at home.

I feel so helpless. When I tried to go help, I was "ordered" to sit on the couch and not hurt my back anymore! That is so hard to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels