Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Enough Chatting...

Today is Mark's annual day to go to SLC and sit in a meeting for hour after hour... on his day off. It's a good thing they are paying him! I miss him. Ofcourse today is also the day that they have forecasted our area to receive over 18 inches of the white stuff. You do not want to be on that freeway when that much snow is coming down around here. Hopefully they will make it a short meeting since my sweety has to travel back up this way.

Aubrey is home sick. Poor girl. She is laying, miserably, on the couch complaining about the worst sore throat she has ever had. I believe her because Mark just got over the worst sore throat he had ever had.

Lily went to the doctor yesterday for her well check and guess what... she is well. They have her 3 shots and so her legs were pretty sore last night. She is a bit dramatic (a bit?) so shots, doctors... all of that stuff doesn't sit well with her. She was happy to get a lollipop and a book. I really like that they send the kid home with a book. It is part of a literacy program that they have going on. So, every single time you go for a visit you get to bring home a book. Good deal!

Sydnee has something going on with one of her feet. Wart? I don't know. It is something hard and almost see through. Wierd. Anyway, we have to see the podiatrist today. Mark was there last week (plantars faciitus). Hopefully this will be a quick fix, whatever it is. This doctor is going to make a fortune off of us.

Chey is jumping for joy. She is in her last trimester of her last year of high school. I know this because she tells me every single day. No kidding. Every. Single. Day. She is probably doing the best she has ever done in school. This, I know because I am so stinking proud of her that I could fly, I tell you! This was not one of those kids that took school seriously or saw a point in it. She is very smart, when she wants to be. She is also very stubborn when she sees something as being a waste of her time or stupid.

Cadi should be going back to work today. She had quite a little vacation with chapter camp (intervarsity) and then a few days off after she returned home. She was out her quite a bit when she first got back, but classes have started again and the dorm called her home.

Miranda is chugging along with school. She is just longing for summer vacation to arrive. You should hear her play the guitar. She is really good. I mean, fantastic actually. I am so proud of her. She has a real ear for music.

Oh, our lovely boy. Man, is he going through a major whine fest faze! Okay, he is 3. I get that. But, wow!! He whines about everything. He loves spending time with his Dad. His favorite thing in the entire world is to go to the "man store". That is what he calls Lowes or Home Depot. He tells me that girls aren't supposed to go there, but I can because I am mom. I guess that means I am not a girl?

Ari is fine and dandy. She is becoming a major joker. She is all smiles and laughter. We love it. WEll, I shouldn't say all... she has a little mean streak in her. I guess with 7 older siblings you have to make your point some way, right?

I am doing really well. I continue with the physical therapy. Hopefully that will end soon. I don't usually feel the back pain anymore unless I am standing still. So, I try not to do that unless I have to.

We borrowed the series Roots from the library. I really wanted the kids to see some of the movies and things that I remember as being amazing from when I was growing up. I know that they will find it interesting. Sydnee was especially excited since she is studying slavery in history right now. I'll let you know what they think of it when we finish it.

Okay, enough chatting. Kids are starting to straggle down here and I need to go be a good mom.

Outta here.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like controlled chaos!!!! Glad most are doing well.

    Lisa Q

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels