Monday, December 22, 2008

Lessons...

Time is quickly slipping through our fingers.
This child, born so small and fragile, is getting ready to step out on her own in a few months.
I keep asking myself if she is ready. Have I taught her all that she needs to know?
Will she succeed?
I won't lie, out of all of our children, she has been the hardest. As I write that, I can picture you all thinking she must be a bad kid, but she isn't. She is a great kid. She just dances to her own music. She has always followed her own path. That isn't always easy for a parent... me especially.
Where this daughter is concerned, I guess I will need to learn a few things as well.
I can't always rescue her.
That's a big one. She will have to learn to sink or swim. She will have to learn to do it on her own. Do what you ask...
Live...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels