Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Years Eve...

What will this day bring?

Hmmm...

No nap for the little ones...

(because I want them to sleep really good tonight)

The bigger kids will all be up until midnight... to ring in the new year.

That is such a big deal when you are a kid... at least it used to be for me.

I will stay up as late as my poor body (and still injured, but slooowwwlllyyy healing back) will let me.

We will snack on... anything that isn't good for us. ( I know...)

We will watch television way too much tonight. I will read until my eyes pop out of my head.

Mark will be snoring by eight... even though he will try to stay up with the kids.

The poor dog will hide in the bath tub when the fireworks go off around here. (yes, a lot of people set off fireworks around here)

I will reflect on this past year. The first year with out my mom. The year where my little man became a little boy who is potty trained. The ups and downs... the highs and lows. A daughter who graduated from highschool and is now attending college. My second daughter passing her two year mark after a severe car crash... she is finally healed. A third daughter who taught herself to play the guitar and blesses us with that gift often. A daughter who learned to ski and another who learned to somersault...

Overall, we have so much to be thankful for.

I look forward to the blessings awaiting us in 2009.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels