Friday, December 12, 2008

sad...

It makes me so sad that people seem to have forgotten the simple concept of being polite.

It is especially noticable at this time of year...but really it is a year round problem.

Even older people don't seem to say, "I'm sorry" ,"excuse me" ,"Please", "thank you".

When I do respond to someone in a store or out in public with one of these phrases, they look at you like you must have done something wrong.

The other day, a lady bumped into my daughter in the store. My daughter has been taught to respond politely. When my daughter said, "Oh, sorry" (even though the grown professional looking lady was at fault) she responded with, "You should be!"

What a shame that we all can't seem to remember simple common courtesy.

It makes me sad...

1 comment:

  1. Amen sister!!! This is my biggest issue with the Christmas season, though like you state, it is a year round problem. People seem so rushed and unhappy. What is the point??!
    People act surprised when we are polite. I complimented a waitress earlier this evening for her attentiveness to us; she was SO grateful.

    Lisa Q

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels