Thursday, April 9, 2009

At least for now...

No pictures in this post. I haven't made it down to one of the other computers to upload them.

I just wanted to relay this story.

My 19 year old daughter showed up at our house at about 1:30 a.m. this morning.

Now, remember, she has a dorm room and that is where she always sleeps and where all of her stuff is...

But...

She woke me up to let me know she would be sleeping on the couch last night. This, of course, is
absolutely fine with me. I thought, wait... she has a place... why isn't she staying there?

So... she tells me that her roommate showed up with her boyfriend and basically said he would be staying there last night. My daughter (who has been in that room even longer than this roommate) was basically told that she had the choice to sleep in the same room with them or get out. There was nothing she could do about it. There was no one around in charge at that hour to get the creepy guy out of there... so she came out here and slept on the couch.

Now, you may think... well this is just the way young people are these days. No. That is the very attitude that makes this type of behavior okay in others eyes.

My daughter has more sense, first of all, than to behave that way and secondly... she definitely understands common courtesy! You don't move some "dude" into your bed and kick the girl out who LIVES there. Also, her own reputation as a LADY and as a Christian lady actually means something to her... even when she thinks no one is watching.

Finally (in my rant of the day) I am so sick of people claiming to be wonderful Christian young people and then living like the rest of the world when they think the only person watching is their roommate! This type of behavior is exactly why Christians have a bad reputation as hipocrits! Stop saying one thing and then doing another. Stop thinking that no one notices when you claim to live for Christ and uphold His standards and then... late at night... when darkness hides your face... you sneak your boyfriend into your room!

Okay... deep breath... I think I'm done.

At least for now...

1 comment:

  1. I understand. This is exactly why our oldest came back home from college.
    She was in a scholarship group that lived together. We thought, these girls are smart and focused, there won't be as many problems. Ha! It was Sodom and Gomorrah all over again. Her roommate told her she would be bringing boys in and that she would kick her out.
    She is now seeking what God would have for her.

    Lisa Q

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels