Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Conversation with the Physical Therapist and an old man...



PT: So I've noticed that you are just buzzing through those exercises we have you doing.

Me: Yeah... (trying to decided if this is a good or bad thing)

PT: On a scale of 1 - 10, 10 being the worst pain you've ever felt, where would your pain be today?

Me: (still trying to decide where this conversation is going) Well, when I'm moving it is a 1 or 2. But when I stand still for a couple of minutes it moves up to a 5 or 6.

PT: Good, good. (Now, I'm thinking I've done something really great and may be getting a reward). Well, since you are doing so well, I think it is time to bring on some more difficult exercises to strengthen your core. (me... smiling... even though I think I may cry) I can tell you are working hard at home because of how well you are doing here. (him... smiling, thinking I am appreciating his "kind" words)

Me: Uh... Okay. (Me... walking out to the car so I can cry on the way home, cuz I thought I am working so hard and I really appreciate that he notices and that I am getting better... but Holy Cow... this is hard!..................)

In the car...

Me: Can you believe that? I thought he was going to say that I was doing so well that we were done or something... not that we were going to make it more difficult! Those plank exercises nearly kill me.

Husband: That's what you get for thinking... Ha Ha hahahahahahahahahh....

Me: hahahahahahahah (sleep lightly, old man... sleep lightly...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels