Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hello, My Name is IRS...

Cadi has had a really fun time learning to do her taxes this year.
First the IRS told her that she didn't file last year. They have continued to tell her this, even though we all know that she did file... and even had to write them a little check to satisfy their hungry appetite.
Next, they just couldn't find her at all. I am relatively certain that she exists since I have had to feed her for the past 19 years.
Then, they told her that her birthday was in January. Now, I may stumble on an occasional birthday, after all I have 8 children and that is a lot of birthdays to remember, but since she is my first and the very reason I became a mother, I am a firm believer that she was born in October.
The lady at the IRS told her she she was wrong about her own birthday and argued for quite some time about the fact that they say she was born in January. Cadi continued to tell them that she is certain that her birthday is in October.
This argument ended with the IRS lady telling Cadi that she should go home and check her birth certificate because maybe her parents have been lying to her for 20 years!

In the end, after spending a huge amount of time in the IRS office, they have finally told her how to "get around" the birthay issue. She will need to fix it, but after this tax season.
The really scary bit... is that they have messed up my birthday for 20 years!
Cadi told me that she now belongs to the support group for messed up taxes.
"Hello... My Name is IRS."

1 comment:

  1. I found your post on this randomly through a Google of "IRS" and "wrong birthday"...and am I relieved! Well...somewhat...

    I just submitted my taxes electronically for the first time today. About an hour ago, I got a message saying they'd been rejected because my age didn't match what was on record at the IRS. (I too was born in October...can't wait to see what month they claim I was born in.)

    My question is...was Cadi still able to submit her taxes despite the discrepancy?

    (Please say "yes"!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels