Monday, April 6, 2009

One year ago...

We were at my dad's place... making plans to build a house.
Now, the existing house is being renovated and going to belong to us.
No... this is the barn, not the house. (in need of repair)
I am feeling homesick for the farm.
I am longing to be out there... closer to my roots... letting my children roam the property... become one with the land...
I have been amazed at some of the things that I take for granted. You know... you assume they know about cows and horses and gardens... because you know something about them... but they don't.
They want to know, but you don't know how to teach them here in the city.
It would be like me trying to get Alaska in their blood, the way it is in mine. How do you do that without having them spend a considerable amount of time there?
Today feels like...yeah...
being homesick.





1 comment:

  1. Get to the country as fast as you can! We love it away from the busy city.
    I get homesick for the country very quickly.

    Lisa Q

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels