Thursday, April 2, 2009

crayons...

I decided to show the kids how to take old broken crayons and make new cool crayons.
The first step was to get off the wrapper. Ugg! It makes my nails hurt, but it must be done. If we didn't have about 10 thousand broken crayons it wouldn't have taken so long. I think this step took us about 1 1/2 hours.
Then we separated the colors and put them into muffin cups in a muffin tin.
I set the oven to 300 degrees and let the crayons melt.

We somehow neglected to get a photo of the final product....
but lets just say that they are really cool crayons and the kids had a great time participating in this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels