Friday, December 11, 2009

The Dreaded Day...


The dreaded day has arrived...

At 4 a.m. this morning my oldest child climbed into her overloaded car, pulled out of the driveway, down the street, around the corner and off... into adulthood.

It sounds so innocent and pretty when described like that... but it was amidst tears and last words of love and encouragment and... whatever you say when you feel like your heart is being torn apart.

We spent last night just sitting in the living room, around the fireplace, not saying much of anything...

Until it was time to go to bed and the tears started. 

I don't want to give you the impression that I am worried or fearful for her...

No, she is such a capable young lady.  She will be fine.  However, she will be fine in another state... away from me, her dad and siblings... She is talking marriage, another step into adulthood...Oh there the tears are... I thought I had cried them all out last night and this morning.

I miss her already.

Infact, she hadn't gotten to the end of the street...

I could still see her brake lights...

and I already missed her.

She is an amazing young woman.

I know we will get used to the new normal...

but for now, there seems to be a hole where her vivacious zest for life was...


1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet! I'm dreadful of those days- I'm going to be a disaster when Henry starts kindergarten next year! He'll be off to college before I know it. Sob!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels

Blog Archive