Friday, July 25, 2008

In his element...

My man likes nothing more than making something. His favorite thing is to take something we already have and repurpose it into something his lovely wife would absolutely love to have. I am embarrassed to tell you about the most ugly headboard in the world. Infact, I refused to take a picture of it because it was so hideous. My wonderful man ripped that puppy apart yesterday and is making me a new headboard. (one I designed) I am giddy with anticipation. Three cheers for my man!!

Right now, it doesn't look like much, but just wait and see. He is a master when it comes to this kind of thing. I love the "rustic" look. I can't stand frills and unneccesary do dahs. For me, the frills and do dahs come in with the accessories. This will set off some new bedding really beautifully. I can't wait to show you the finished piece. Hmmmm... maybe this means I need to make a fantastic quilt to go along with it. Oh the silver lining... pure heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels